Mark your calendars now and please plan to attend and help us celebrate the CSCCa’s 20th anniversary at the 2020 CSCCa National Conference Wednesday, May 6 through Friday, May 8. The National Conference will be held at the Walt Disney World Coronado Springs Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. We have a great conference planned with outstanding speakers. Conference presentations deal with various aspects of strength and conditioning applicable to all strength and conditioning coaches—no matter what sport or gender they coach.
As a reminder, the speakers have put a great deal of time and effort into preparing their presentations, and they have valuable information and experience to share. Please schedule all travel arrangements to allow you to remain at the conference until the last speaker session concludes at 1:30pm on Friday afternoon so that you do not miss out on these valuable presentations!
National Conference Registration
Important Upcoming Deadline
IMPORTANT DEADLINE REQUIRING ACTION FOR ALL 2020 CONFERENCE ATTENDEES: Early Bird Deadline for discounted conference registration ends Monday, March 16th at 11:59pm (MST). Please be aware that mailed Early Bird registration fees must be postmarked by March 16th:
The conference fee will be as follows:
|Early Registration||Late Registration|
|(Postmarked by March 16th)||(Postmarked after March 16th)|
|Student /Emeritus Non-Members:||$285.00||$310.00|
***To avoid waiting in a long line to pay for the conference, we strongly suggest you pay your fees ahead of time as it will greatly decrease the time it takes you to go through the registration process at the conference!***
You are encouraged to register online, or please complete and fax, email, or mail the national conference registration form to the CSCCa National Office. Payments can be made by credit card online or over the phone, or by mailing in a check to the National Office at P.O. Box 7100 University Station, Provo, UT 84602. We also accept college/university purchase orders.
Please be sure to mail checks to the CSCCa National Office with enough time to ensure arrival by Friday, May 1st, as this is our last day in the office. If we do not receive your check by this date, you will be required to pay any unpaid balances with a credit card at check-in. Your mailed payment will then be returned to you upon our return to the CSCCa National Office on Tuesday, May 12, 2020. Consequently, we strongly recommend that you mail your check by April 17th or that you bring the check with you to the national conference.
For more information on the National Conference, please view here.
If you haven’t already renewed your membership and would like to do so, you can renew online or over the phone by credit card, or a check can be sent into the CSCCa National Office. Membership renewal forms can be submitted electronically or printed and submitted through email, fax, or mail. Membership forms are found on the CSCCa website under “Membership.” CSCCa membership is not required for National Conference attendance, but please be aware that CSCCa members receive discounted pricing for Annual National Conference registration.
CSCCa Conference Registration Desk Hours
Tuesday, May 5th (1:00pm – 9:00pm)
Wednesday, May 6th (8:00am – 7:00pm)
Thursday, May 7th (7:30am – 4:00pm)
Friday, May 8th (7:30am – 12:00pm)
2020 CSCCa Conference Itinerary
The 2020 CSCCa National Conference Itinerary is now available! Please be sure to check out both Thursday and Friday presentations BEFORE finalizing your travel arrangements:
2020 CSCCa National Conference Confirmed Speakers/Roundtable Moderators:
- Adam Feit, SCCC, Coordinator of Physical and Mental Performance, Springfield College
- Al Miller, “Legend in the Field” of Strength and Conditioning
- Brent Feland, PhD, Associate Professor – Exercise Science, Brigham Young University
- Christopher DeSanto, SCCC, Assistant Director of Strength & Conditioning, Lincoln Memorial University
- Chris Ruf, SCCC, Director of Athletic Performance – Olympic Sports, Baylor University
- Corliss Fingers, MSCC, Director of Strength and Conditioning, Bethune-Cookman University
- Cory Schlesinger, Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Phoenix Suns
- Don Decker, MSCC, Director of Sports Performance, New Mexico State University
- Jeanne Rankin, SCCC, Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach for Olympic Sports, University of Kentucky
- Joel Smith, Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach at UC Berkeley, Owner of Just Fly Sports Performance
- Johnny Parker, “Legend in the Field” of Strength and Conditioning
- Lance Walker, Executive Vice President and Global Performance Director, Michael Johnson Performance
- Lewis Caralla, SCCC, Head Football Strength and Conditioning Coach, Georgia Tech University
- Mike Gattone, Senior Director of Sports Performance and Coaching Education, USA Weightlifting
- Molly Binetti, SCCC, Women’s Basketball Performance Coach, University of South Carolina
- Pyrros Dimas, Technical Director for USA Weightlifting, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Robert Panariello, Founding Partner and Co-Chief Executive Officer at Professional Physical Therapy
- Scott Sinclair, MSCC, Director of Strength & Conditioning, University of Georgia
- Steven Hartman, SCCC, Head Coach for Sports Performance, Bellarmine University
- Sue Falsone, Owner of Structure and Function Education and Falsone Consulting, Associate Professor, Arizona School of Health Sciences
2020 CSCCa National Conference Confirmed Titles & Topics:
- “Sharpening the Mental Edge: The Use of Sport Psychology Techniques in Strength and Conditioning”
- “Communication, Collaboration, Cooperation – Helping the Process of Creating a Winning Coach-Coach Relationship”
- “Assessing and Cultivating Athleticism through Bodyweight Training Methods”
- “Coach vs. Difference Maker”
- A System of Periodization as Adapted for the American Strength Coach
- “The Nervous System: What Do You Really Need to Know?”
- “Need for Speed: Practical Solutions for Testing, Teaching, and Training Linear Speed”
- “Technique of Olympic Lifts and How It Transfers to Athleticism and Sport”
- University of Georgia Football Strength and Conditioning
- “Everything You Need to Know to Safely Train Your Athletes”
- Strength and Conditioning for Basketball
- Practical Applications for the 50/30/20/10 and FIT Rules
- Olympic Sport Roundtables: Track & Field; Softball; Baseball; Soccer
- Cares & Concerns of Young Strength & Conditioning Coaches Roundtable
- Cares & Concerns of Female Strength & Conditioning Coaches Roundtable
- Cares & Concerns of the Small College Strength & Conditioning Professional Roundtable
Hotel Room Reservation Information
To make your hotel reservation, visit here or call 407.939.4686! For further information on room rates, see our website. *Please be aware that all rooms in the Tower have been sold out for the time being. Please keep checking back to see if rooms have opened up.
WARNING: Please be aware of “room poachers”—third-party organizations that fraudulently pose as affiliates of organizations hosting conferences and other events. Their method of operation is to trick conference attendees into reserving rooms through them instead of through the official methods offered by the host organization. These groups often offer nonexistent rooms or false pricing. Please only make room reservations for the conference by calling the hotels directly or through the official links on the CSCCa website as described above. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact the CSCCa National Office at 801-375-9400.
Hotel/Convention Center Parking
Walt Disney World now charges an overnight hotel parking rate of $19 per night. Payment of this fee will allow you to park for free at any of the Walt Disney World Resorts.
Conference Attendees not staying at Coronado Springs can park for free during the day in the parking lot located by the Coronado Springs Convention Center while attending conference sessions and events.
Disney Ticket Information
Discounted park tickets are available exclusively to conference attendees and their families: both full day and partial day ticket options. Please note: Full day tickets must be purchased in advance, and they cannot be purchased on-site. Partial-day tickets are available for visiting the park after 1pm and 5pm and may be purchased on-site. More information is provided here. Please contact the CSCCa National Office if you have any questions or concerns.
As a reminder, please plan to arrive early enough on Wednesday, May 6th, to attend a Gatorade sponsored pre-conference symposium from 1pm-4pm, as well as our opening social which will follow the Gatorade pre-conference symposium at 5pm. The opening social will kick off the conference and will be held in the Exhibit Hall. You won’t want to miss this exciting event, which includes food, beverages, and prizes!
We already have 289 confirmed exhibit booths this year. Please refer any potential exhibitors to the CSCCa National Office. Exhibitor Registration forms can be found on the CSCCa website under “National Conference” and “Exhibitor Information.” In an effort to further improve the exhibit hall, we ask that you please take a few minutes to complete the Exhibit Hall Survey to provide us with your valuable feedback if you haven’t already done so.
Don’t forget that attending the Annual CSCCa National Conference continues to be the most effective way to fulfill the annual 15 CEU- requirement for maintaining SCCC certification. We sincerely hope to see you there!
Complimentary Gatorade Performance Partner Pre-Conference: “The X’s and O’s for SCC Success” (3 CEUs)
Wednesday, May 6, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
As a longtime partner of CSCCa, Gatorade will once again offer an afternoon of education at the National conference. This year’s sessions will focus on the X’s and O’s for SCC success – which includes everything from how to build mentor/mentee relationships to how to make smart nutrition recommendations for your athletes. Registration information is available on the CSCCa website and the events page on Gatorade Performance Partner.