Mark your calendars now and please plan to attend and help us celebrate the CSCCa’s 20th Anniversary at the 2021 CSCCa National Conference. The National Conference will be held at the Fort Worth Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas. The dates of the conference are Wednesday, May 5, through Friday, May 7, 2021.
The Early Bird Conference Registration Rate will remain in effect for the 2021 CSCCa National Conference and will be as follows:
|Student /Emeritus Non-Members:||$285.00|
We strongly encourage conference attendees to register and pay for the National Conference prior to arrival, as this will expedite the registration process for everyone. Conference registration can be completed on-line through the CSCCa website, or a conference registration form can be submitted to the CSCCa through fax, email, or mail. (PDF forms available on the CSCCa website.)
Please be aware that a non-compliance fee will be assessed for those individuals who have not paid their annual membership dues ($110 for full-time coaches and $55 for student/part-time/emeritus coaches) but who have received discounted pricing for conference registration, before being allowed to check-in at the conference. The current membership year runs from August 1, 2020 – July 31, 2021, regardless of when the membership fee is paid.
You can pay all dues and fees on-line or over the phone by credit card by calling the CSCCa National Office at 801-375-9400. College/University purchase orders are also accepted. In addition, you have the option of mailing a check to the CSCCa National Office at:
P.O. Box 7100
Provo, UT 84602
Please do not send checks to the National Office after Friday, April 23, 2021, to ensure that we receive the check before the National Office closes for the 2021 CSCCa National Conference at 4:00 p.m. (MDT) on Friday, April 30. If you are unable to mail payments by April 23, please bring the check with you to the national conference as you will be required to pay any unpaid balances with a credit card at check-in IF we have not received and processed your payment. If your mailed payment does not arrive before the National Office closes the afternoon of Friday, April 30, it will be mailed back to you upon our return to the CSCCa National Office on Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
2020-21 Annual Membership Renewal Forms:
CSCCa Membership Renewal Forms should be completed annually online or by printing a PDF form from the CSCCa website and submitting it to the CSCCa National Office. We require membership renewal forms (online or hard copies) in order to maintain current contact information for our members. Payment can be made by credit card online or over the phone, or a check can be sent into the CSCCa National Office. Membership renewal forms can be submitted electronically or printed and submitted through email, fax, or mail. CSCCa membership is not required for National Conference attendance, but please be aware that CSCCa members receive discounted pricing for Annual National Conference registration.
2021 CSCCa Conference Itinerary:
The 2021 CSCCa National Conference Itinerary is now available! Please be sure to check out both Thursday and Friday presentations BEFORE finalizing your travel arrangements:
2021 CSCCa National Conference Confirmed Speakers/Roundtable Moderators:
- Aaron Jung, SCCC, Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Morningside College
- Al Miller, “Legend” in the Field of Strength and Conditioning
- Andy Gilham, PhD, Owner of Ludus Consulting
- Christopher DeSanto, SCCC, Assistant Director of Strength & Conditioning, Lincoln Memorial University
- Chris Ruf, SCCC, Director of Athletic Performance – Olympic Sports, Baylor University
- Debbie Garcia, Executive Senior Associate AD for Academics, Compliance, and Student-Athlete Welfare / SWA, University of Texas Arlington
- Donald Day, SCCC, Director of Strength and Conditioning, Georgia Southern University
- Ernie Rimer, Director of Sport Science, University of Utah , Co-founder of FYTT
- Gunnar Cederberg, Assistant Director, Athletic Performance Department, University of Alabama Birmingham
- Joe Kenn, MSCC, Vice President of Performance Education, Dynamic Fitness and Strength
- Johnny Parker, “Legend” in the Field of Strength and Conditioning
- Lance Walker, MS, PT, CNDS, SST, The Michael Johnson Performance Center
- Lee Taft, Owner of Lee Taft Athletic Consulting
- Martin Rooney, Author and Founder of Training for Warriors
- Melissa Schmitz, SCCC, Assistant Coach for Athletic Performance, University of Texas
- Mike Cotterman, MSCC, University of Wyoming
- Mike Gattone, Senior Director of Sports Performance and Coaching Education, USA Weightlifting
- Nate Moe, MSCC, Assistant Athletic Director for Strength and Conditioning, South Dakota State University
- Pat Ivey, MSCC, Associate AD/Student-Athlete Health & Performance, University of Louisville
- Patrick Trainor, Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator, Tampa Bay Rays Baseball
- Pyrros Dimas, Technical Director, USA Weightlifting, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Robert Panariello, Founding Partner and Co-Chief Executive Officer at Professional Physical Therapy
- Rod Cole, MSCC, Tarleton State University
- Ron Courson, Director of Sports Medicine, University of Georgia
- Stephanie Sharpe, SCCC, Tarleton State University
2021 CSCCa National Conference Confirmed Titles & Topics:
- “Diversity and Adaptation”
- “Coach to Coach: 15 Lessons to Build Winning Teams”
- “The Conjugate Method and Pitchers”
- “Strategic Periodization: A Framework for Increasing Team Sport Performance”
- “10 Career Lessons of a Veteran Strength Coach”
- “A System of Periodization as Adapted for the American Strength Coach”
- “Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Intercollegiate Athletics”
- “The 7 Movement Patterns All Athletes Must Master”
- “Technique of Olympic Lifts and How It Transfers to Athleticism and Sport”
- “Physical Preparation in Professional Baseball: Training Strategies and Load Management”
- “15 Years of International High Performance Sport: Learnings That Apply to the Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coach”
- Olympic Sport Roundtables: Track & Field; Softball; Volleyball; Soccer
- Cares & Concerns of Young Strength & Conditioning Coaches Roundtable
- Cares & Concerns of the Small College Strength & Conditioning Coaches Roundtable
- Football and Basketball Roundtable Discussions
Conference Hotel Information:
WARNING: Please be aware of “room poachers”—third-party organizations that fraudulently pose as affiliates of organizations hosting conferences and other events. Their method of operation is to trick conference attendees into reserving rooms through them instead of through the official methods offered by the host organization. These groups often offer non-existent rooms or false pricing. Please only make room reservations for the conference by calling the hotels directly or through the official links on the CSCCa website as described above. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact the CSCCa National Office at 801-375-9400.
Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel– Official Conference Overflow Hotel
1701 Commerce St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Book Your Room for the CSCCa 2021 National Conference online or over the phone at the toll free number (888) 627-8556 or direct to the Hotel at (817) 335-7000. When making phone reservations, be sure to mention you are with the CSCCa to receive the discounted rate. All hotel information is accessible on the CSCCa website.
While the cut-off date is Monday, April 12, 2021, the hotel will take reservations at the group rate as long as possible up to day of arrival subject to availability. Please be aware that the Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel is a smoke-free facility.
We have been guaranteed the following room rates per night plus applicable state and local taxes:
- Single Occupancy Room: $189/night+
- Double Occupancy Room: $189/night+
- Triple Occupancy Room: $199/night+
- Quadruple Occupancy Room: $209/night+
Early Departure Fee: An early departure fee of $150 will apply if customer attendee checks out prior to the confirmed checkout date.
Cancellation Policy: All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid major credit card which will be supplied at the time of reservation. Any guaranteed reservation not cancelled four days prior to arrival will be subject to a one night room and tax cancellation fee.
Omni Fort Worth Hotel — Official Conference Hotel—Registration Now Closed
2021 CSCCa National Conference Events
We have an exciting 3 days filled with events you do not want to miss starting on Wednesday, May 5th. Activities will begin earlier this year than in the past so please plan your travel arrangements to allow you to arrive by noon on Wednesday, May 5th, in order to participate in the events happening below:
Virtual Gatorade Pre-Conference Symposium
Wednesday May 5th 3:00-4:30pm
Mondo Footspeed Event
This event has been postponed.
The 2021 CSCCa Exhibitor/Member Coaches Opening Social
Includes food, beverages, and prizes as well as a large exhibit hall!
Wednesday May 5th 5:30-7:00 pm
Black Strength Coaches Inaugural Breakfast & Meeting
The Black Strength Coaches Inaugural Breakfast & Meeting has been postponed until the 2022 CSCCa National Conference in Oklahoma City, OK.
Dan Austin- firstname.lastname@example.org
Corliss Fingers- email@example.com
To receive more information, click here
Female Strength Coaches Breakfast
Friday May 7th 6:45-7:50am
Don’t forget that attending the Annual CSCCa National Conference continues to be the most effective way to fulfill the annual 15 CEU-requirement for maintaining SCCC certification. Please contact the CSCCa National Office with any questions or concerns at 801-375-9400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. More conference details will be sent out and posted to the website in the coming weeks and months. We sincerely hope to see you at the conference!