Mark your calendars now and please plan to attend and help us celebrate the CSCCa’s 20th anniversary at the 2021 CSCCa National Conference. The National Conference will be held at the Fort Worth Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas. The dates of the conference are Wednesday, May 5, through Friday, May 7, 2021.
The conference fee will be as follows:
|Early Registration||Late Registration|
|(Postmarked by March 15th)||(Postmarked after March 15th)|
|Student /Emeritus Non-Members:||$285.00||$310.00|
We strongly encourage conference attendees to register and pay for the National Conference prior to arrival, as this will expedite the registration process for everyone. Conference registration can be completed on-line through the CSCCa website, or a conference registration form can be submitted to the CSCCa through fax, email, or mail. (PDF forms available on the CSCCa website.)
Please be aware that a non-compliance fee will be assessed for those individuals who have not paid their annual membership dues ($110 for full-time coaches and $55 for student/part-time/emeritus coaches) but who have received discounted pricing for conference registration, before being allowed to check in at the conference. The current membership year runs from August 1, 2020 – July 31, 2021, regardless of when the membership fee is paid.
You can pay all dues and fees on-line or over the phone by credit card by calling the CSCCa National Office at 801-375-9400. College/university purchase orders are also accepted. In addition, you have the option of mailing a check to the CSCCa National Office at:
P.O. Box 7100
Provo, UT 84602
Please do not send checks to the National Office after Friday, April 23, 2021, to ensure that we receive the check before the National Office closes for the 2021 CSCCa National Conference at 4:00 p.m. (MDT) on Friday, April 30. If you are unable to mail payments by April 23, please bring the check with you to the national conference as you will be required to pay any unpaid balances with a credit card at check-in IF we have not received and processed your payment. If your mailed payment does not arrive before the National Office closes the afternoon of Friday, April 30, it will be mailed back to you upon our return to the CSCCa National Office on Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
2020-21 Annual Membership Renewal Forms:
CSCCa Membership renewal Forms should be completed annually online or by printing a PDF form from the CSCCa website and submitting it to the CSCCa National Office. We require membership renewal forms (online or hard copies) in order to maintain current contact information for our members. Payment can be made by credit card online or over the phone, or a check can be sent into the CSCCa National Office. Membership renewal forms can be submitted electronically or printed and submitted through email, fax, or mail. CSCCa membership is no longer required for National Conference attendance, but please be aware that CSCCa members receive discounted pricing for Annual National Conference registration.
2021 CSCCa Conference Itinerary:
The 2021 CSCCa National Conference Itinerary is now available! Please be sure to check out both Thursday and Friday presentations BEFORE finalizing your travel arrangements: http://cscca.org/Current_Conference_Itinerary
2021 CSCCa National Conference Confirmed Speakers/Roundtable Moderators:
- Aaron Jung, SCCC, Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Morningside College
- Adam Feit, SCCC, Coordinator of Physical and Mental Performance, Springfield College
- Al Miller, “Legend in the Field” of Strength and Conditioning
- Brandon Marcello, Chief Innovation Officer and Partner in JAG Consulting
- Christopher DeSanto, SCCC, Assistant Director of Strength & Conditioning, Lincoln Memorial University
- Chris Mohr, Co-Owner of Mohr Results, Inc, member of the Men’s Health Advisory Board
- Chris Ruf, SCCC, Director of Athletic Performance – Olympic Sports, Baylor University
- Dana White, Sports Dietitian and Associate Clinical Professor of Athletic Training and Sports Medicine, Quinnipiac University
- Donald Day, SCCC, Director of Strength and Conditioning, Georgia Southern University
- Gunner Cederberg, Assistant Director, Athletic Performance Department, University of Alabama Birmingham
- Ian Jeffries, Professor of Strength and Conditioning, University of South Wales
- Jeanne Rankin, SCCC, Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach for Olympic Sports, University of Kentucky
- Jeff Madden, MSCC, Original CSCCa Board of Directors Member and Past CSCCa President
- Johnny Parker, “Legend in the Field” of Strength and Conditioning
- Martin Rooney, Author and Founder of Training For Warriors
- Mary Kate Feit, SCCC, Assistant Professor of Strength and Conditioning, Springfield College
- Melissa Schmitz, SCCC, Assistant Coach for Athletic Performance, University of Texas
- Mike Gattone, Senior Director of Sports Performance and Coaching Education, USA Weightlifting
- Nate Moe, MSCC, Assistant Athletic Director for Strength and Conditioning, South Dakota State
- Pat Ivey, MSCC, Associate AD/Student-Athlete Health & Performance, University of Louisville
- Patrick Trainor, Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator, Tampa Bay Rays Baseball
- Pyrros Dimas, Technical Director for USA Weightlifting, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Rob Oviatt, MSCC-E, Original CSCCa Board of Directors Member and Past CSCCa President
- Robert Panariello, Founding Partner and Co-Chief Executive Officer at Professional Physical Therapy
- Ron Courson, Director of Sports Medicine, University of Georgia
- Scott Sinclair, MSCC, Director of Strength & Conditioning, University of Georgia
2021 CSCCa National Conference Confirmed Titles & Topics:
- “Sharpening the Mental Edge: The Use of Sport Psychology Techniques in Strength & Conditioning”
- “Diversity and Adaptation”
- Basketball Strength and Conditioning
- “Coach to Coach: 7 Lessons to Build Winning Teams”
- “The Conjugate Method and Pitchers”
- “A System of Periodization as Adapted for the American Strength Coach”
- Athlete Health and Safety
- “Agility & Speed Development – Blind Alleys, Wrong Turns, and Navigating the World of the Unknown”
- “Technique of Olympic Lifts and How It Transfers to Athleticism and Sport”
- “University of Georgia Football Strength and Conditioning”
- “Creating, Mastering, and Evaluating Coaching Behaviors: Maximizing S&C Coach Effectiveness”
- “Athlete Supplementation: The Science, Safety, and Regulations”
- “Physical Preparation in Professional Baseball: Training Strategies and Load Management”
- “Winning is Born and Raised in the Weight Room”
- “Recovery and Regeneration: Promoting Recovery for Enhanced Performance”
- How You Can Ensure Inclusion and Diversity in Your S&C Program Roundtable
- Olympic Sport Roundtables: Track & Field; Softball; Volleyball; Soccer
- Cares & Concerns of Young Strength & Conditioning Coaches Roundtable
- Cares & Concerns of Female Strength & Conditioning Coaches Roundtable
- Cares & Concerns of the Small College Strength & Conditioning Professional Roundtable
Conference Hotel Information:
WARNING: Please be aware of “room poachers”—third-party organizations that fraudulently pose as affiliates of organizations hosting conferences and other events. Their method of operation is to trick conference attendees into reserving rooms through them instead of through the official methods offered by the host organization. These groups often offer nonexistent rooms or false pricing. Please only make room reservations for the conference by calling the hotels directly or through the official links on the CSCCa website as described above. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact the CSCCa National Office at 801-375-9400.
Omni Fort Worth Hotel — Official Conference Hotel
1300 Houston St, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Directly across the street from the Fort Worth Convention Center)
Book Your Room for the CSCCa 2021 National Conference online or over the phone at 1-800-843-6664! When making phone reservations, be sure to mention you are with the CSCCa to receive the discounted rate. All hotel information is accessible on the CSCCa website.
We have been guaranteed the following room rates per night plus applicable state and local taxes. Please be aware that the cut-off date for making reservations at the group rate is Monday, April 12, 2021.
- Single Occupancy Room: $189/night+
- Double Occupancy Room: $189/night+
Cancellation Policy: All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid major credit card which will be supplied at the time of reservation. Any guaranteed reservation not cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival will be subject to a one night room and tax cancellation fee.
Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel– Official Conference Overflow Hotel
1701 Commerce St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Book Your Room for the CSCCa 2021 National Conference online or over the phone at the toll free number (888) 627-8556 or direct to the Hotel at (817) 335-7000. When making phone reservations, be sure to mention you are with the CSCCa to receive the discounted rate. All hotel information is accessible on the CSCCa website.
While the cut-off date is Monday, April 12, 2021, the hotel will take reservations at the group rate as long as possible up to day of arrival subject to availability. Please be aware that the Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel is a smoke-free facility.
We have been guaranteed the following room rates per night plus applicable state and local taxes:
- Single Occupancy Room: $189/night+
- Double Occupancy Room: $189/night+
- Triple Occupancy Room: $199/night+
- Quadruple Occupancy Room: $209/night+
Early Departure Fee: An early departure fee of $150 will apply if customer attendee checks out prior to the confirmed checkout date.
Cancellation Policy: All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid major credit card which will be supplied at the time of reservation. Any guaranteed reservation not cancelled four days prior to arrival will be subject to a one night room and tax cancellation fee.
2021 CSCCa National Conference Events
We have an exciting 3 days filled with events you do not want to miss starting on Wednesday, May 5th. Activities will begin earlier this year than in the past so please plan your travel arrangements to allow you to arrive before noon on Wednesday, May 5th, in order to participate in the events happening below:
Gatorade Pre-Conference Symposium
Wednesday May 5th 12:00-3:00pm
Mondo Footspeed Event
Wednesday May 5th 3:15-5:15pm
The 2021 CSCCa Exhibitor/Member Coaches Opening Social
Includes food, beverages, and prizes as well as a large exhibit hall!
Wednesday May 5th 5:30-7:00 pm
Black Strength Coaches Inaugural Breakfast & Meeting
Thursday May 6th 6:30-7:50am
Dan Austin- firstname.lastname@example.org
Corliss Fingers- email@example.com
To receive more information, click here
Female Strength Coaches Breakfast
Friday May 7th 6:45-7:50am
Don’t forget that attending the Annual CSCCa National Conference continues to be the most effective way to fulfill the annual 15 CEU-requirement for maintaining SCCC certification. Please contact the CSCCa National Office with any questions or concerns at 801-375-9400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. More conference details will be sent out and posted to the website in the coming weeks and months. We sincerely hope to see you at the conference!