The previous CEU cycle ran from August 1, 2016, through July 31, 2019. We are now in the second year of the current CEU cycle that runs from August 1, 2019, through July 31, 2022. Check out the reference information below for important reminders.
New CEU Contact Email
As a reminder, please email all CEU inquiries and submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
All SCCC Certificants receive periodic reports regarding their CEU status throughout the 3-year CEU Cycle. These reports are sent out to inform coaches what requirements they have completed and what requirements still need to be fulfilled by July 31, 2022, so there is still plenty of time to fulfill all remaining requirements. The reports are designed to help you stay on track for meeting all CEU requirements by the end of the CEU cycle to maintain SCCC certification.
We sent out the First Year CEU Report to SCCC Certificants on June 29, 2020. We did notice there were some discrepancies on the reports for various coaches because our computer system did not send us certain notifications when requirements were completed. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and are working diligently to have them corrected; if you do notice any discrepancies on your report, please email email@example.com, and we will clear up any incongruities. Additionally, your CSCCa account is the source of truth when it comes to what CEU requirements you have fulfilled as it is always accurate.
CEU Reporting Fee:
A $20 CEU Reporting fee will be placed on the accounts of all CSCCa members ($30 for nonmembers) who do not register and pay for the 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference (only available until December 31, 2020) and fulfill the requirement of watching 5 presentations and completing the associated 5 multiple choice quizzes. The fee for 2019-2020 will not be assessed until the first week of January 2021 (shortly after the virtual conference presentations are no longer available). This fee covers the administrative costs for tracking the 15 CEUs an individual will need to submit to the CSCCa through participating in alternative options that they otherwise would have automatically obtained on their accounts by participating in the Virtual National Conference. All SCCC certificants who obtain their 15 CEUs for 2019-2020 through participating in the 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference will have their 2019-2020 annual CEU Reporting fee waived.
Although the end of the CEU cycle is still almost 2 years away, it isn’t too early to start obtaining CEUs! You are strongly encouraged to obtain 15 CEUs each year by July 31, to keep you on track for meeting the total 45 CEU requirement for the current CEU cycle ending July 31, 2022.
Have you participated in an event, course, or clinic since July 31st, 2019? If so, be sure to email the CSCCa National Office a detailed course itinerary and verification of attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the CEU Reporting Page on the CSCCa website to view all the ways you can obtain CEU credit.
New Health & Safety CEU Requirement:
As a reminder, completion of the new Health and Safety CEU Quiz is required for this CEU Cycle. ****Please note: the Health and Safety CEU Quiz, Athlete at Risk Conditions, is NOT part of the 2020 Virtual Conference Presentations****Any questions or concerns regarding this course should be brought to the attention of the CSCCa National Office.
The health and safety of the athlete continues to be the top priority for strength and conditioning coaches and for the CSCCa. Over the past two decades there have been a number of deaths and injuries that have occurred during strength and conditioning training sessions. To help prevent these tragedies from occurring, the CSCCa is working to educate its member coaches regarding important exertion-related health concerns that are negatively affecting a small number of our athletes. While most health related issues are primarily handled by the sports medicine staff, it is extremely important that strength and conditioning coaches have a basic, working knowledge of these exertion-related conditions—their signs and symptoms, and particularly how to avoid triggering their occurrence during strength and conditioning training sessions, especially for athletes with predisposing factors.
With this goal in mind, the CSCCa has implemented this new Health and Safety CEU requirement for the current CEU cycle to ensure that strength and conditioning coaches are well educated and informed regarding important health and safety issues related to strength and conditioning programming and implementation. Every SCCC certificant will be required to pass a 35-question multiple-choice quiz with a minimum score of 80% (28 out of 35) once within each 3-year CEU cycle effective August 1, 2019. Upon obtaining a passing score on the quiz, 3 CEUs will automatically be applied to the individual’s account and the Health and Safety requirement marked as fulfilled for the current CEU cycle. All CSCCa member coaches – whether or not they are SCCC certified, are strongly encouraged to complete the quiz and to review all the provided study materials.
The quiz addresses the following areas:
- Exertional Rhabdomyolysis
- Exertional Heat Illness
- Respiratory Illness
- Cardiovascular Illness
- Sickle Cell Trait
- Emergency Action Plans (EAP)
- CSCCa/NSCA Joint Consensus Guidelines and Recommendations
In order to prepare for the quiz, links to a variety of health and safety-related articles, as well as a comprehensive summation article, are provided on the CSCCa website. All strength and conditioning staffs are encouraged to study these health and safety resources and to use them as part of their staff’s professional development, but enough information is provided in the summation article to obtain a passing score on the quiz.
Accessing the Quiz on the CSCCa website:
- Hover over the “CEU Program” tab and click on “Health and Safety CEU” in the drop down menu.
- You will be taken to the Course Summary page for the quiz which provides information about the content of the quiz as well as a link to a Summation Article that contains the information necessary to pass the quiz.
- To continue, click the “Begin Course” button at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the instructions page and provided with links to additional study resources that you may or may not be interested in reviewing for supplemental information.
- You are encouraged to read the instructions thoroughly and when ready to take the quiz, click the “Take Quiz” button to begin.
- There is a 4-hour time limit that begins as soon as the “Take Quiz” button is clicked and there is no “Save and Exit” option.
- There is a limit of two attempts during a 24-hour period, which begins with the first attempt as soon as the “Take Quiz” button is clicked.
Important CPR/AED/First Aid Requirement Changes:
SCCC certificants must submit a CPR, First Aid, and AED Certification card that will be current on July 31, 2022. So, before the end of the current CEU cycle approaches (July 31, 2022, to be exact) be sure you have CPR/AED and First Aid cards turned in that will be current on July 31, 2022. This means that even if your cards expire on Aug 1, 2022, they would still be valid because technically they are current as of July 31, 2022. We recommend going through the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association, or the National Safety Council. While hands-on courses for all three certifications are ideal and strongly recommended, effective August 1, 2019, First Aid Courses are no longer required to include a hands-on portion for the current CEU Cycle which will end on July 31, 2022. Please be aware that this change does not affect the CPR/AED requirement. CPR/AED MUST include a hands-on portion, and courses completed solely online will not be accepted.
Attention all SCCC Certificants who lapsed in the previous CEU Cycle (August 1, 2016 – July 31, 2019):
In order to avoid having to re-sit for the written portion of the SCCC certification exam to have your SCCC certification reinstated, all missing CEU requirements MUST be fulfilled by the end of the current CEU cycle—July 31, 2022. This includes payment of the $50 lapsed CEU reinstatement fee.
2020 CSCCa Virtual Conference Presentations
- As a reminder, access to the virtual conference presentations is 3 months from the release date (May 7) or from the date you registered and paid for the virtual conference, whichever comes later. The virtual conference links will be disabled on December 31, 2020, at 11:59 pm MST. Consequently, the last date to register and pay for the event and receive the full three month access was September 30, 2020. While you can still sign up, please be aware that you will not receive the full 3-month access to the presentations. In addition, the later you wait to register for the event, the shorter the time period that you will have access to the presentations.
- This virtual conference is worth a maximum of 15 CEUs.
- You are able to obtain the 15 CEUs you would have received for attending the national conference to have been held in Orlando. To earn these CEUs, you must complete any 5 of the available quizzes which accompany each presentation. You do not need to report when you complete the 5 quizzes; they will automatically be added to your account. Once you complete the 5 quizzes and obtain your 15 CEUs, you are not required to complete the remaining video presentation quizzes; you, of course, are encouraged to watch and study the remaining video presentations as often as you like. These short 5-question multiple choice quizzes are not difficult. They are simply a way to ensure that at least 5 of the available presentations have been viewed. This requirement is in keeping with those set forth by the CSCCa Education Board to ensure compliance with NCCA guidelines for maintaining NCCA accreditation. Anyone who watches the presentations will be able to successfully complete the quizze Note: The Athlete at Risk Conditions quiz IS NOT part of the 2020 Virtual National Conference presentations. You are still required to complete this separate quiz by July 31st, 2022, which will earn you an additional 3 CEUs.
How to access the conference presentations:
- Login to your CSCCa account
- Go to “Account” in the top right hand corner
- Click on “CEU Courses”
- Click on the “Course Catalog” link located in the top right hand corner of the Courses page
- A listing of all available presentations for the 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference will be provided at the top of the page. Click on the presentation you are interested in viewing
2020 CSCCa Virtual Conference Presentations Access Extension
If you have already registered for the event, there is a $20 extension fee available to receive a 1 month access extension to the virtual conference presentations and quizzes. Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in receiving an extension, and we will assess the $20 fee to your account. Once the fee is paid, we will send a request to our web developer to add the extension to your account.