Due to health concerns related to COVID-19, we were forced to cancel the 2020 CSCCa National Conference, which was to be held in Orlando, Florida, May 6-8. In place of the traditional national conference in-person format, we are offering a 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference option. The virtual national conference is tentatively scheduled to become available on Thursday, May 7, 2020.
Participating in this virtual national conference will provide coaches with access to the speaker presentations for three months, as well as the opportunity to obtain the 15 CEUs they would have received for attending the national conference in Orlando. To earn these CEUs, you must complete any 5 of the 16 quizzes which accompany each presentation. These short 5-question multiple choice quizzes are not difficult. They are simply a way to ensure that at least 5 of the 16 presentations have been viewed. This requirement is in keeping with those set forth by the CSCCa Education Board to ensure compliance with NCCA guidelines for maintaining NCCA accreditation. Anyone who watches the presentations will be able to successfully complete the quizzes.
The virtual conference will feature many of the same speakers as announced for the 2020 CSCCa National Conference to be held in Orlando, as well as additional ones dealing with relevant topics for strength and conditioning coaches.
2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference Program
- Cory Schlesinger, Reimagining Weight-Lifting for Performance
- Joel Smith, Assessing & Cultivating Athleticism through Body-Weight Training Methods
- Lewis Caralla, Being More Than a Coach
- Don Decker, Living Inside the Boundaries
- Jeanne Rankin, The Cares and Concerns of the Female Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Steven Hartman, The Cares and Concerns Facing Strength & Conditioning Coaches at Smaller Schools
- Dr. Brent Feland, Health and Safety Concerns in Training: Emerging Data on Loads, Fatigue, Biomechanics and Adjunctive Training Tools
- Christopher DeSanto, Training Collegiate Soccer: Developing a System For You
- Corliss Fingers, Communication, Collaboration, Cooperation – Helping the Process of Creating a Winning Coach-Coach Relationship
- Chris Doyle, Acceleration Training
- Dr. Pat Eisenman, Training the Proper Energy System
- Dr. Tom Nesser, Training Recovery
- Sue Falsone, The Nervous System: What Do You Really Need to Know? (Sponsored by Perform Better)
- Lance Walker, Need for Speed: Practical Solutions for Testing, Teaching and Training Linear Speed (Sponsored by Perform Better)
- Dr. Eric Freese, Monitoring Training Load & Recovery in Collegiate Athletes (Sponsored by Gatorade)
- Bryan Morin & Dr. Christopher Mohr, FromTesting to Trust: How to Identify “Free From” Supplements Athletes Can Trust to Help Improve Their Performance
National Conference Registration
The cost for participating in the 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference will be the same as it would have been had you attended the 2020 CSCCa National Conference in person. As per usual, the pricing depends on your current employment status as full-time, part-time, emeritus, or student/intern as well as whether or not you have paid your 2019-20 membership dues, as CSCCa members receive discounted pricing. Any payments for the 2020 CSCCa National Conference in Orlando can be rolled over towards the 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference.
- Full-Time Members- $275
- Student/Part-Time/Emeritus Members- $225
- Full-Time Non-Members- $400
- Student/Part-Time/Emeritus Non-Members- $285
*NOTE: If you have any questions regarding correct pricing, please contact the CSCCa National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are encouraged to register online, or you may complete and fax, email, or mail the national conference registration form to the CSCCa National Office. Please note that it is essential to the registration process that participants provide an updated physical mailing address because there will be some physical materials mailed out to accompany a presentation included in the 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference. Payments can be made by credit card online or over the phone, or by mailing in a check to the National Office at P.O. Box 7100 University Station, Provo, UT 84602. We also accept college/university purchase orders.
If you have already registered for the national conference that was to be held in Orlando and would like to switch your registration to the 2020 virtual conference, please notify the National Office in writing at email@example.com.
You will find additional information regarding the Virtual National Conference, here.