You are still able to register and pay for the CSCCa 2020 Virtual National Conference and obtain 15 CEUs! The virtual conference will feature many of the same speakers as announced for the 2020 CSCCa National Conference to have been held in Orlando, as well as additional ones dealing with relevant topics for strength and conditioning coaches.
- This virtual conference is worth a maximum of 15 CEUs
- Access to the virtual conference presentations is 3 months from the release date (May 7) or from the date you are registered and pay for the virtual conference, whichever comes later. The virtual conference links will be disabled on December 31, 2020, at 11:59 pm MST. Consequently, the last date to register and pay for the event and receive the full three month access will be September 30, 2020.
Explanation of CEUs
You are able to obtain the 15 CEUs you would have received for attending the national conference in Orlando. To earn these CEUs, you must complete any 5 of the available quizzes which accompany each presentation. You do not need to report when you complete the 5 quizzes; they will automatically be added to your account. Once you complete the 5 quizzes and obtain your 15 CEUs, you do not have to complete the remaining video presentation quizzes; you can just watch the remaining video presentations if you like. These short 5-question multiple choice quizzes are not difficult. They are simply a way to ensure that at least 5 of the available presentations have been viewed. This requirement is in keeping with those set forth by the CSCCa Education Board to ensure compliance with NCCA guidelines for maintaining NCCA accreditation. Anyone who watches the presentations will be able to successfully complete the quizzes. Note: The Athlete at Risk Conditions quiz IS NOT part of the 2020 Virtual National Conference presentations. You are still required to complete this separate quiz by July 31st, 2022 and it is also worth 3 CEUs.
CEU Reporting Fee
A $20 CEU Reporting fee will be placed on the accounts of all CSCCa members ($30 for nonmembers) who do not register and pay for the 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference. The fee will be assessed the first week of January 2021 (shortly after the virtual conference presentations are no longer available). This fee covers the administrative costs for tracking the 15 CEUs an individual will need to turn into the CSCCa that they otherwise would have automatically obtained on their accounts by attending the Virtual National Conference.
2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference Program
- Cory Schlesinger, Reimagining Weight-Lifting for Performance
- Joel Smith, Assessing & Cultivating Athleticism through Body-Weight Training Methods
- Lewis Caralla, Being More Than a Coach
- Don Decker, Living Inside the Boundaries
- Jeanne Rankin, The Cares and Concerns of the Female Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Brent Feland, Health and Safety Concerns in Training: Emerging Data on Loads, Fatigue, Biomechanics and Adjunctive Training Tools
- Christopher DeSanto, Training Collegiate Soccer: Developing a System For You
- Corliss Fingers, Communication, Collaboration, Cooperation – Helping the Process of Creating a Winning Coach-Coach Relationship
- Chris Doyle, Acceleration Training
- Pat Eisenman, Training the Proper Energy System
- Tom Nesser, Training Recovery
- Sue Falsone, The Nervous System: What Do You Really Need to Know? (Sponsored by Perform Better)
- Lance Walker, Need for Speed: Practical Solutions for Testing, Teaching and Training Linear Speed (Sponsored by Perform Better)
- Eric Freese, Monitoring Training Load & Recovery in Collegiate Athletes (Sponsored by Gatorade)
- Bryan Morin & Dr. Christopher Mohr, FromTesting to Trust: How to Identify “Free From” Supplements Athletes Can Trust to Help Improve Their Performance
- Paul Cauldwell, Percussive Therapy(Sponsored by Theragun)
- Patrick Wormel, How to Program in Less Than Ideal Situations(Sponsored by Eleiko)
National Conference Registration
The cost for participating in the 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference will be the same as it would have been for you to attend the 2020 CSCCa National Conference in person. As per usual, the pricing depends on your current employment status as full-time, part-time, emeritus, or student/intern as well as whether or not you have paid your 2019-20 membership dues, as CSCCa members receive discounted pricing. Any payments made for the 2020 CSCCa National Conference in Orlando can be rolled over towards the 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference.
- Full-Time Members- $275
- Student/Part-Time/Emeritus Members- $225
- Full-Time Non-Members- $400
- Student/Part-Time/Emeritus Non-Members- $285
*NOTE: If you have any questions regarding correct pricing, please contact the CSCCa National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please register online, or you may complete and fax, email, or mail the national conference registration form to the CSCCa National Office. Please note that it is essential to the registration process that participants provide an updated physical mailing address because there will be some physical materials mailed out to accompany a presentation included in the 2020 CSCCa Virtual National Conference. Payments can be made by credit card online or over the phone, or by mailing in a check to the National Office at P.O. Box 7100 University Station, Provo, UT 84602. We also accept college/university purchase orders.
If you have already registered for the national conference that was to be held in Orlando and would like to apply your registration to the 2020 virtual conference, please notify the National Office in writing at email@example.com.
To access the presentations after you have paid and registered for the conference, please complete the following steps:
- Login to your CSCCa account
- Go to “Account” in the top right hand corner
- Click on “CEU Courses”
- Click on the “Course Catalog” link located in the top right hand corner of the Courses page
- Click on the “2020 Virtual CSCCa National Conference” link which is located above the “Required Courses”.
- A listing of all available presentations will be provided. Click on the presentation you are interested in viewing
You will find additional information regarding the Virtual National Conference, here.
Female Strength Coaches Annual Meeting
A big thank you to Gatorade, Stacey Torman, and PLAE and to all those who attended the Virtual Female Strength Coaches Annual Meeting! Coaches relayed to us that they treasured that time to connect and benefitted from the event overall. We look forward to having the Female Strength Coaches Breakfast in-person next year at the 2021 CSCCa National Conference in Fort Worth, TX.