We sincerely hope that everyone enjoyed the Thanksgiving Holiday and took time to reflect upon the many blessings and privileges we all enjoy! We wish you and your families a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.
As we approach the end of 2019, we turn our focus to preparing for the 2020 CSCCa National Conference and 20th Anniversary Celebration. Please plan to join us and take part in this major milestone for the CSCCa and the strength and conditioning coaching profession.
As some of you may begin making travel arrangements over the upcoming holidays, we are including the 2020 National Conference Itinerary in this issue of CSCCa Monthly. Please check out the outstanding speaker lineup before you finalize your travel plans.
We are confident that you won’t want to miss our Friday sessions as there are many important topics being addressed through the end of the conference, which is 1:30 p.m., Friday, May 8. Our roundtable sessions are also scheduled on Friday. These sessions provide conference attendees with a great opportunity to share ideas, philosophies, and challenges in a more intimate environment than our large general sessions.
More information regarding conference speakers, including their bios and presentation synopses, will be added to the CSCCa website as we receive it. A list of confirmed speakers and topics to be covered are included in this edition of CSCCa Monthly in the National Conference section.
As a reminder, the national conference will also include a vast exhibit hall featuring the latest in strength training, conditioning, speed & power development, sports nutrition, recovery, strength & conditioning technology, and more. This is an extremely important part of the valuable experiences built into the national conference each year, and it provides conference attendees with important updates regarding the latest products and developments in the industry, keeping you and your program on the cutting edge.
To help us ensure that you are getting the most out of the exhibit hall, please take a few minutes to complete a short survey by Wednesday, December 18th.
As a reminder, the CSCCa textbook, The Professional’s Guide to Strength & Conditioning, is NOW available for purchase in a variety of options:
- An e-book on RedShelf.com for only $99 plus any applicable state and local sales tax. Ordering instructions are provided on the RedShelf website.
- A full-color paperback edition is also available through RedShelf for $129.95 plus $10 shipping and handling, as well as any applicable state and local sales tax.
- A combination of the e-book and the full-color paperback edition is available through RedShelf for $149.95 plus $10 shipping and handling, as well as any applicable state and local sales tax.
- A hardbound full-color version for $149.95 plus $10 shipping and handling, as well as any applicable state and local sales tax, is available for purchase through the publisher. To order the hardbound copy, please email the publisher directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A combination of the e-book and the hardbound full-color version is also available through the publisher for $169.95, plus $10 shipping and handling, as well as any applicable state and local sales tax. To order this combination, please email the publisher directly at email@example.com.This textbook is a great study tool for SCCC candidates and a valuable resource and reference for all strength and conditioning coaches. The Proper Exercise Techniques page on the CSCCa website has been updated with links to many of the strength training videos and descriptions provided with the textbook. Please be aware that beginning with the 2020 SCCC practical certification exam administration, these videos and their written descriptions will be the standard by which SCCC candidates will be evaluated. Please remember that All CSCCa-approved mentors must utilize this educational resource during CSCCa-approved practicum/internships to ensure that SCCC candidates are properly prepared for the practical exam. Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the CSCCa National Office.
Please contact the CSCCa National Office with any questions regarding the CSCCa textbook, the Proper Exercise Techniques page on the CSCCa website, the 2020 CSCCa National Conference, or any other issues or concerns you may have. Wishing you and your family a Happy Holiday Season!