Best wishes as we enter the beginning of the 2020 holiday season! As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, I reflect upon the many blessings in my life. My association with the member coaches of the CSCCa is always at the top of my list. It is a pleasure and an honor to work with you to advance the strength and conditioning coaching profession. We have made tremendous strides since the CSCCa’s inception back in 2000, but there is still much that remains to be done.
As we enter a new decade, we must unify and work together to improve relationships and break down barriers. 2020 has been an especially challenging year. Hopefully, we have learned a great deal from the trials that we have experienced and will emerge more compassionate and more cognizant of the challenges others are facing. There is no place in the CSCCa or in the strength and conditioning coaching profession for bias and discrimination of any kind. The CSCCa is a family, and we are here to help, support, and learn from one another.
As such, we are extremely concerned about the affect COVID-19 has had on our member coaches. Some of you may have been furloughed or had your hours and/or pay reduced. To help us better understand how our profession has been impacted, we have developed a short survey. We encourage your participation and ask that you respond by Monday, November 30th. The survey is available here.
As a reminder, we will be celebrating the CSCCa’s 20th anniversary at the upcoming 2021 National Conference—20 years of promoting education, unity, and respect for the strength and conditioning coaching profession. The conference is still several months away but will be here before we know it! Please plan to join us and take part in this major milestone for the CSCCa and the profession. You are encouraged to arrive early enough on Wednesday, May 5, to participate in the Gatorade Pre-Conference Symposium which will begin at noon (2 hours earlier than in the past). Wednesday is packed with events and activities that you will not want to miss, and more information will be coming soon. We ask that you please schedule your travel arrangements to allow you to stay through the end of the conference on Friday, May 7, which is 1:30 p.m., so you can take full advantage of all the conference has to offer! We have a great speaker lineup on both days of the conference. All of our exciting speakers are highly qualified and have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share. You won’t want to miss these outstanding presentations. The conference itinerary will be included in the December issue of CSCCa Monthly. Be sure to check it out.
The National Conference will also include a vast exhibit hall featuring the latest in strength training, conditioning, speed & power development, sports nutrition, recovery, strength & conditioning technology, and more. This is an extremely important part of the valuable experience built into the national conference each year as it provides updates regarding the latest products and developments in the industry, keeping you and your program on the cutting edge.
With the December retake opportunity for the written portion of the SCCC certification exam just around the corner, I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the CSCCa textbook, The Professional’s Guide to Strength & Conditioning, is available for purchase in a variety of options:
- An e-book on com for only $99 plus any applicable state and local sales tax. Ordering instructions are provided on the RedShelf website.
- A full-color paperback edition is also available through RedShelf for $129.95 plus $10 shipping and handling, as well as any applicable state and local sales tax.
- A combination of the e-book and the full-color paperback edition is available through RedShelf for $149.95 plus $10 shipping and handling, as well as any applicable state and local sales tax.
- A hardbound full-color version for $149.95 plus $10 shipping and handling, as well as any applicable state and local sales tax, is available for purchase through the publisher. To order the hardbound copy, please contact the publisher directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A combination of the e-book and the hardbound full-color version is also available through the publisher for $169.95, plus $10 shipping and handling, as well as any applicable state and local sales tax. To order this combination, please contact the publisher directly at email@example.com.
This textbook is not only a great study tool for SCCC candidates, but also a valuable resource and reference for all strength and conditioning coaches.
Please contact the CSCCa National Office with any questions regarding the COVID-19 survey, the 2021 CSCCa National Conference, the CSCCa textbook, or any other issues or concerns you may have. Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving Holiday!
You Might Also Like
Executive Director Announces New CSCCa Executive Leadership Team
As announced in the December issue of CSCCa Monthly, Dr. and Mrs. Stiggins will be ...