December 2021 & Spring 2022 SCCC Exam
The application for the 2021 December Written Retake Exam and the Spring 2022 Exam will open in August.
To prepare for the SCCC certification examination, please visit the CSCCa website for recommended areas of study, study resources, and additional study tips. A SCCC Candidate Handbook is also available on the website. These resources can all be found under the “Certification” tab. Please contact Laekyn, SCCC Coordinator, at 801.375.9400 or at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding SCCC Certification.
Important SCCC Certification Requirement Changes and Updates
We want to remind you of the following changes that were approved in 2019 regarding the background education requirement for SCCC candidates. These changes become effective August 1, 2024.
Background Education Requirement: Effective August 1, 2024
Effective August 1, 2024, all first time SCCC Candidates will be required to have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited institution and have received academic credit on their official transcripts for the following courses (5 TOTAL):
- Anatomy & Physiology (2 classes)**
- Exercise Physiology (1 class)
- Biomechanics or Kinesiology (1 class)
- Nutrition (Sports Nutrition Preferred) (1 class)
Note: Classes titled as “Introductory” are not accepted; standalone labs do not count as one of the required classes, and acceptable courses must be worth 3+ credit hours
** Example: Anatomy and Physiology I and II (Both Classes), or Human Anatomy (One Class) and Human Physiology (Another Class)
First Aid Requirement:
While hands-on courses are ideal and strongly recommended, effective August 1, 2019, First Aid Courses are no longer required to include a hands-on portion. Please be aware that this change does not affect the CPR/AED requirement. CPR/AED MUST include a hands-on portion, and courses completed solely online will not be accepted.
Notes for Mentors
- All CSCCa-approved mentors must utilize the updated Proper Exercise Techniques page on the CSCCa website during CSCCa-approved practicum/internships to ensure that SCCC candidates are properly prepared for the practical exam. Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the CSCCa National Office.
- If you have changed schools or institutions since becoming an approved mentor, please email the National Office with this information to verify that you are still eligible to be a CSCCa Approved Mentor. More information regarding which job titles/positions are eligible to serve as CSCCa Approved Mentors is provided on the CSCCa website. It is extremely important that we keep the list of CSCCa Approved Mentors up-to-date to provide accurate information for those individuals searching for an approved internship.
- If you would like a copy of the most recent version of the CSCCa Mentoring Booklet (Last Updated January 2021), please email CSCCa staff a current mailing address.
- If you will have interns this fall who are going to sit for the SCCC Spring 2021 Exam and need forms (i.e., Practicum Waiver, Internship Completion Verification Form), please email the National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will provide you with a PDF copy . Please be aware these are also available in your CSCCa Mentoring Booklet. You are encouraged to make copies of these forms as the mentoring booklets are to be used for multiple candidates.
Any questions regarding any of these updates should be directed to 801.375.9400 or email@example.com.