December 2022 Written Retake Exam
The application for the December 2022 SCCC Written Retake Exam is now available on the CSCCa website here.
All those who have previously taken the written portion of the SCCC exam and did not pass are eligible to sign up at this time.
Please be aware you must submit an application if you would like to retake the exam in December. Due to the variety of situations, YOU ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY REGISTERED FOR THE RETAKE EXAM. Once applications are submitted to the CSCCa National Office, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting your application, please call the National Office and confirm that we have received it, otherwise there is no guarantee you will be registered for the exam!
The following is a list of deadlines for the upcoming December Exam:
- Application: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Membership Dues: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Payment of Certification Fee: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- CPR/First Aid/AED: Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Thursday, December 1, 2022 – Saturday, December 31, 2022. Available testing dates and times may vary by testing location.
Spring 2023 SCCC Exam
The application for the Spring 2022 SCCC Exam is also now available on the CSCCa website here. The following is a list of deadlines for the Spring Exam:
- Application: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Code of Conduct: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Practicum Waiver: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Membership Dues (optional): Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Payment of Certification Fee: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Verification of Bachelor’s Degree: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Internship Completion Verification Form: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- Payment of Practicum Fee: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- CPR/First Aid/AED: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- Program Design: Monday, April 3, 2023
Notes for Mentors
- All CSCCa-approved mentors must utilize the updated Proper Exercise Techniques page on the CSCCa website during CSCCa-approved practicum/internships to ensure that SCCC candidates are properly prepared for the practical exam. Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the CSCCa National Office.
- If you have changed schools or institutions since becoming an approved mentor, please email the National Office with this information to verify that you are still eligible to be a CSCCa Approved Mentor. More information regarding which job titles/positions are eligible to serve as CSCCa Approved Mentors is provided on the CSCCa website. It is extremely important that we keep the list of CSCCa Approved Mentors up-to-date to provide accurate information for those individuals searching for an approved internship.
- If you would like a copy of the most recent version of the CSCCa Mentoring Booklet (Updated January 2021), please email CSCCa staff an updated mailing address.
- If you will have interns this fall who are going to sit for the SCCC Spring 2023 Exam and need forms (i.e., Practicum Waiver, Internship Completion Verification Form), please email the National Office at email@example.com, and we will provide you with a PDF copy . Please be aware these are also available in your Mentoring Booklet. You are encouraged to make copies of these forms as the mentoring booklets are to be used for multiple candidates.
Any questions regarding any of these updates should be directed to 801.375.9400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.